Salary: competitive + company benefits
Global Fashion Group (GFG) is the leading fashion and lifestyle retail destination in Asia Pacific, Latin America and CIS. We connect over 10,000 global, local and own brands to a market of more than one billion consumers through four established e-commerce platforms: THE ICONIC, ZALORA, dafiti and lamoda. Through an inspiring and seamless customer experience enabled by our own technology ecosystem and operational infrastructure, we are dedicated to being the #1 fashion and lifestyle destination in our markets. With 17 offices and 10 fulfilment centres across four continents, GFG proudly employs a dynamic and diverse team with deep local knowledge and expertise. In the first half of 2019, GFG delivered over 15.8 million orders to 12 million active customers.
ABOUT THE FUNCTION
The Group Shared Functions (GSF) support the growth of all our eCommerce companies #regionfirst. Our Shared Function offices are in London, Berlin and Luxembourg and we also have teams based in the regions offices across Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Sydney. We are a team of over 100 people working in Legal, Finance, Buying and Tech.
In this role of Buying and Merchandising Finance Analyst you will be joining a dynamic and focused team and work closely with the GFG regions in the different markets where GFG operates.
THE IMPACT YOU’LL MAKE
- You will consolidate regional brand financial performance/forecast data to facilitate the Buying Team during Strategic Brand Reviews
- You will generate and manage the internal and external weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly trading reports and provide analysis on key drivers and outputs
- You will be the Buying & Merchandising point of contact for the Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tool, assisting in the development of the tool and creating various dashboard and reports.
- You will support the Brand Partnership Managers with their strategic brands to help provide visibility on trading progress. You will also enable and provide support for negotiations on commercial terms and buying negotiations.
- You will partner with the Buying team, including support of all ad-hoc data requests
- You will be benchmarking across regions and providing visibility to regional management
- You will do analysis of competitor financial reports and news, providing the team with competitor and industry insights.
- You will work closely with the Business Development Manager to analyse and create business cases for future category development (i.e. plus size, eco, maternity, beauty)
- You will also perform market research across GFG regions, the fast fashion landscape and the tech/digital/online space to produce relevant memos to extend the teams knowledge of local markets
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- You will have experience within a commercial finance role or merchandising planning role within a large/corporate environment
- Strong proficiency and accuracy in extracting and analysing data, including sales/ financial analysis
- Good attention to detail - able to critically assess data and ensure it is accurate
- Able to solve problems and answer business questions using data and market insight
- Proven track record of creating positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A great team player, you will be able to work in a small but focussed team, and able to understand and work with multiple regional teams with different skills
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient with the ability to self-motivate and drive initiative
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel, while Superset knowledge would be advantageous
- Though not essential, an understanding of each region we work in and their competitors is also advantageous.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- The unique opportunity to have a serious impact on a growing organisation;
- A dynamic working environment shaping the face of fashion e-commerce in growth markets
- Significant career growth opportunities in a fast-growing business, gain working exposure in the 20+ countries across the group
- Work closely with a global talent pool with international mindset
Apply today and join GFG in this exciting role shaping the face of fashion e-commerce!
Global Fashion Group embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.