Salary: competitive + benefits
Global Fashion Group (GFG) is the leading fashion and lifestyle retail destination in Asia Pacific, Latin America and CIS. We connect over 10,000 global, local and own brands to a market of more than one billion consumers through four established e-commerce platforms: THE ICONIC, ZALORA, dafiti and lamoda. Through an inspiring and seamless customer experience enabled by our own technology ecosystem and operational infrastructure, we are dedicated to being the #1 fashion and lifestyle destination in our markets. With 17 offices and 10 fulfilment centres across four continents, GFG proudly employs a dynamic and diverse team with deep local knowledge and expertise. In 2018, GFG delivered over 28 million orders to 11.2 million active customers.
As a Group Senior Risk & Insurance Manager you will be reporting into the General Counsel and Company Secretary and will be joining a team of like-minded individuals based in our office in London where a Co-CEO, CFO and General Counsel and Head of International Brands are based and work closely with the other teams in the regions (Asia Pacific, South America, Russia & CIS).
The team lead by the General Counsel will have three other lawyers in London. In addition, the global legal team has a head of Australia based in Sydney, head of Asia based in Singapore, a head of Latin America based in Brazil, a head of Russia/CIS based in Moscow and a Company Secretary team based in London.
- Effectively implement a robust and practical Enterprise Risk Management framework which provides insight and clarity on the material risks of the business to the Management and Supervisory Boards.
- Help to design, roll out, and embed a global risk management process for the regions.
- Partner with our regional operational units to help identify, assess, and manage risks.
- Advocate for the risk management function throughout the Group.
- Continually look for opportunities to streamline and make Risk Management more value add and efficient to run.
- Oversee and manage the central insurance programs and look for opportunities to optimize insurance arrangements both at central group level and at local regional unit level.
- Manage the roll out of global Risk and Insurance initiatives to our diverse Regions in Latin America, Russia & CIS, Asia and Australia/New Zealand.
- Liaise with third party providers (including insurance brokers, security and risk consultants, policy management tools, due diligence software).
- Performing ad hoc training to regional teams and leadership as required.
- Perform business interruption/resilience assessments which covers both operations and IT, and work with local management to implement solutions to address weaknesses identified.
- Any other responsibility which the Management Board /Supervisory Board sees fit for the role considering company’s needs
What will it take to be successful
- Practical experience in the set up and roll out of a global risk management program (especially in the retail sector), for a business with a largely autonomous governance model.
- Strong leadership and internal stakeholder management skills. The ability to continually demonstrate the practical value of risk management to key stakeholders, including C-Suite and Board of Directors.
- You possess deep retail and e-commerce experience in order to add value to operational risks and challenges - knowledge of retail operations across Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing.
- Ideally, you will have knowledge and experience of the operating, regulatory, and socio-economic environments in the regions where GFG operates.
- You have experience with negotiating, placing, and managing global insurance programs to ensure adequate risk transfer and positive commercial outcomes for both individual business units and for the group as a whole.
- Familiarity and experience with best practice risk management methodologies such as FRC Guidelines, ISO 31000:2009, and COSO.
- You are able to lead, guide, motivate and train teams located in remote geographical locations, where each team member works independently.
- Experience in a retail e-commerce pure player would be a plus, along with experience in more structured environments to be able to bring best practices to GFG
- You will have knowledge and exposure of business resilience, business continuity planning, IT Disaster Recovery, and crisis management preferable.
- You will be self-starting and able to work to a high standard without extensive supervision.
- You will be able to work creatively and create commercial solutions to business projects. In addition, you will be able to create buy in from senior stakeholders, international environments and remote working within fluid start-up cultures
- You have highly commercial and practical approach and thinking.
- You will need to be comfortable in working effectively in a very fast paced startup environment.
- Language skills in Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese or Russian would also be an advantage.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time
Recruiting start date: 30th July 2019
Recruiting end date: 29th August 2019
Global Fashion Group is an equal opportunity employer. Global Fashion Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Global Fashion Group is an equal opportunity employer. Global Fashion Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.